The Importance Of Regular Car Servicing
Whether you drive a brand spanking new car or an older run around regular maintenance is a must. Many of us use our cars daily but can be guilty of putting the car service on the long finger. However having it serviced could be the difference between a minor repair job and a serious and expensive fault down the road.
It’s recommended that you have a professional service every 5,000 kilometers or every 3,000 miles, which may consist of a simple oil change or could involve a full service check of the vehicle including safety checks.
The most vital part of a car service is to have your oil changed. If you don’t regularly change your oil, sludge may build up which will prevent the engine being correctly lubricated. This could result in engine failure and an expensive repair. Having a regular service will help you avoid this problem and save you money in the long run.
Although you should schedule to have your car serviced regularly, there are times when it’s particularly important. For example, if you’re about to embark on a long journey or if your car hasn’t been used for a while. Cars which have been sitting still for prolonged periods of time may have developed issues on account of the engine being left idle.
Servicing At Dysart Motors
Whatever your vehicle needs you can rest assured that we will be able to provide it, we offer a whole host of services, such as…
- Servicing on all makes of Vehicles
- Service Light Reset
- Brakes, Steering & Suspension Repairs
- Timing Belts, Clutches & Exhausts
- Vehicle Diagnostics
- Tyres & Wheel Balancing
- Battery Health Check & Battery Replacement
- Petrol Emission Testing
- Pre NCT & DOE Checks
- Head Light Beam Alignment
- Wipers, Bulbs, Oil & Coolant
- Stockists of Engine and Fuel System Cleaners
Importance Of Good Tyres
Think about it, tyres are the only thing in your vehicle that actually touch the ground. This means that they are in control of your steering, breaking, acceleration and absorbing all the bumps that the road may throw at you.
When you look at it this way, it becomes obvious that having good quality tyres is essential to your driving experience. There are many different types of tyres available on the market and not all of them provide the same levels of performance.
Certain tyres provide much better traction in wet weather or snow, while others provide smoother rolling at high speeds for better fuel consumption and reduced noise.
Auto Electronics Repair
We provide a full range of services related to electronic and electrical car systems. That includes computer testing of all electronic parts of the car. Having the correct equipment is an essential part of servicing modern cars. Cars are increasingly controlled by computers and our investment in top of the range computer diagnostics means we can fix your car quicker and pass the time saving onto you.
Our team of professionally qualified engineers, using our modern workshop that’s equipped with the latest diagnostics technology, can easily solve your problems. Specific diagnostic systems that we can service include:
- Engine Management Systems
- Emission control systems
- Fuel Injection Systems
- Anti-lock Braking Systems and stability control systems
- Starting and charging systems, auxiliary engine systems
- Suspension control / active suspension systems
- Airbags and other passive safety control systems
- Exterior and interior lighting
- Dashboard Instruments including air conditioning, climate control, ventalation and heating systems
- Radio / Multimedia / Satellite navigation systems
- Alarms & Immobilisers
- Central and remote locking, electric windows, sunroofs etc.